We've found our defibrillators! Turns out they were in the back of the ambulances all along. Whoops! In fact, whilst looking around, we found they're in a really big need of a clean. Like, really big. Even the cockroaches have rubber gloves on in preparation. So, we're going to have to put a temporary™ hold on using personal aid kits in medical vehicles. Don't worry, medical facilities are spotless (back at base, captured ones, or deployable ones).
Watt does that mean?
From now on, you won't find yourself being reborn on the battlefield (full heal). Defibrillators will give you a mighty jolt, which should be enough to make you move. You should be able enough to help any immediate fire-fights, if the situation calls for it, but preferably you should be heading back to a nice and clean medical facility.
Defibrillators aren't a sure thing either, they may or may not work, depending on the patients status. They can't be bleeding (we're trying to clean up the mess, remember!), they need some blood to actually pump around and they need to be inside an ambulance. You can affect the chances by excelling at your job, and getting rid of some of that surplus cows blood or in extreme cases, punting their chest with an epinephrine auto-injector.
- Each shock hertz. So be careful medics when using it, because if you over do it, you're going to put them into shock. Shocking!
- Well conducted treatment would involve grounded medics off-loading blood surplus into the patient, to increase their recovery chance.
- Resistance to CASEVAC would be unwise, as you're not going to be in a good state.
- Shocking someone has the same effect as CPR as well, but is quicker (but remember, it has DIRE CONSEQUENCES).
- Given amp'le time, the medic could full heal you using his resources on the field. Except for broken pelvics/legs.
- Medics will want to better control their supplies moving forward, luckily ambulances have the capacitance.
In Other News:
The experience between those with and without blood-lust loaded should now be consistent. Those who find themselves vaporized with blood-lust will also find themselves six feet under a whole lot quicker. No longer will people be able to scoop up puddles of blood and save them, much to the bewilderment of those suffering from PTSD. If you don't have blood-lust enabled, you'll just see a lovely rag doll instead.
This update will be going out this week, and will be found on both public and the operations server.
"Jokes on them, I was only pretending to be retarded."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."