After getting some experience with the advanced Medical System over the past few Operations I think we can put it on the public too.
The following will be enhanced by the Advanced Medical:
- Realism: At least on the website we pride ourselfs with offering the greatest realism possible, yet I think that statement is plain wrong if we still use the Basic medical
- Survivability: This may just be my perception but I have the feeling that the Basic Medical yields higher casualties, whereas Advanced usually leaves the option of bringing someone back from the brink of death
- Gameplay: This one is a bit of a stretch but I think a harsher medical system will encourage people to value their life a bit more, thus forcing unit cohesion and teamplay. Especially so since you usually need someone else to patch you up when unconcious, so people won't just run off without their team
The following are some points I want to disprove:
- Accessibility: Let's be realistic here, the number of completely public players (i.e. Non-Members/Recruits) is fairly low and even those may know about the advanced medical, so people not knowing what to do shouldn't happen (especially considering it's not that complicated in the first place, see the next point)
- Complexity: The Advanced Medical (at least the setting we have in Operations) is still fairly tame. As long as you bandage a wound it doesn't matter all that much what bandage you apply, some are just more effective than others. Morphine is admittedly a bit problematic here but so far unless someone is shot unconcious you can almost always apply it without concern.
There is however one thing that is rather important: Enable PAKs for the Medic to use anywhere
. As much as I like realistic medical proceedure, heading back to base is something that, for the sake of gameplay, shouldn't happen all that often on the public.