Brave Warriors of the Public Server!
As the Public Server Manager my main task is to keep you entertained and provide a unique experience during Public Sessions.
To achieve this I'll need you to be fully transparent with me and provide feedback so I can figure out points to improve. Quiet obviously it's never gonna happen that everybody is satisfied.
However with this post I'd like to create transparency from my side, and I'll keep it up as long as I'm in this position
I'd like to present you my plan, however I'd like to emphasize that not everything will be implemented at the same time, there are some actions that I'll need to figure out and develop first.
- Weekend Warriors: Every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month. Insurgency type mission spiced with dynamic environment. I'll control Zeus to generate random side missions and events that BLUFOR forces might complete. Also I'll try simulate ambient civilians and of course I'll tell OPFOR units where to go and what to do. Please keep in mind this doesn't mean I'll take over an AI, crawl behind your back and kill your section. Also if I'm gonna be a civilian based on your behavior you might be rewarded (Starting next Friday 2016.12.10) I almost forgot! Every 1st Friday will be based on a different era if you vote for it
- Continuous bug fixes
- Compositions: spawning strongholds, roadblocks, FOBs, etc.
- Feature updates/upgrades:
- Dynamic side missions when Zeus is not online: e.g. rescue hostage, clear minefield, defend a village, supply run, etc.
- More interaction options with AI Civilians: probably this will trigger side missions as well.
- IEDs: I believe it would be great to have a little bit advanced IEDs.
- Introducing EOD team.(this might be a long term solution) I'll start testing a few things next week.
• Delta Squad: Once the repo starts working for me I'll check what options we can have implemented. If needed we can have a monthly voting instead of quarterly on what Delta sections we'll have.
- Friday Night Fight: Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. Team versus Team Ladies and Gentleman. This will be a session based on elements from well known game modes(sector control/cache hunt/hostage rescue/etc.). Just as we have it currently on public certain elements(e.g. Helicopters/Armored Crew) will be unlocked after a certain number of people is on the server. Keep in mind everything will have a counter-measure so balance can be maintained. An example: BLUFOR gets a chopper OPFOR gets an AA. (I'm affraid this will have to wait till the new year comes)
- Nothing fancy, just taking over the world.
I'll create the events for the Friday night sessions in the calendar, I don't expect it to start it before 6 UK time. It is not mandatory to sign up, but I'd appreciate it.
From next week, I'll create a post called Public Manager's Journal, to keep myself and the community updated on the status of the ongoing topics. I'll update it on a weekly basis, or in case there is something really important I'll make several posts
Please let me know what you think of this approach, also if there is anything you wish to add or you have any ideas please let me know(except it is shitposting).