By: [TWC] Ross. Storyline by Jack Force-Outline:Era:
Cold War COINForcetype:
Snatch Land Rover, Land Rover AmbulanceAttachment:
28th of August 1979Current Weather:
We've come a long way since the peak of violence in 1972. In 1978, our most successful year there was light at the end of the tunnel. Our new tactics have successfully dismantled no go areas and paramilitary groups but be careful, the IRA are becoming more vigilant and more inventive with their guerrilla tactics and ambushes. Now is the time to push harder.Recent Events:
We have received intel from UVF of heavy insurgent activity in this county near the border. TWC Platoon from 2nd Battalion Scots Guards have come out from Enniskillen to look for a possible bomb factory and some other reports of paramilitary activities. We've set up our FOB and now our mission is simple. Neutralise paramilities, find illegal arms and destroy them. On top of this, be cautious we've heard rumours of an incident yesterday at Warren Point which may give paramilitaries the confidence to act.Objectives:
- Assault the Bomb Factory,
- Investigate Suspicious Activity at Doonbeg Castle,
- Find and destroy Weapon Cache to the south of Ballybrian,
- Relieve the friendly section stationed in Ballybrian.
- Investigate any and all suspicious activity, show no mercy to the paramilitaries,
- Be wary of civilian casualties, do not use explosives in residential areas if possible,
- Find the missing British section and escort them to safety.
Weapons: Mixture of British, Soviet and US Weapons.
Uniform: Various civilian, balaclava
Vehicles: Pickups and other civilian carsSituation Civilians:
Population: Present in many areas of the operation. Avoid casualties as much as possible but take no risks. Enemy forces may be hiding amongst them.Situation BLUFOR:
Weapons: SLR, Bren, Sterling Mk4
Uniform: Standard green with beret
Vehicle: Snatch Land Rover